View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Ed\'s Intro...

For the moment just play on Party Poker. You still have to practice good table selection, but you are guaranteed to find good games pretty much any time you play.

It sounds like you are primarily a live player and are making the transition to online play. You should be careful making this transition. Online play is typically significantly tougher than live play at the corresponding limits. As a comparision, I'd say that my local live 20/40 game plays like the Party 3/6. And the few winning live 20/40 players at my local card room would probably get destroyed in the Party 15/30.

In any case, the online mid limit games may be a lot tougher than you are used to. I'm not saying you won't be a winner, just be careful.

As for posting about good games, don't. If you find some non-mainstream site that has really good games, don't ruin it for the few people that put in the work to find these games.. especially if the limits are moving toward the higher end of mid-stakes, e.g. 50/100+.

As for learning about online play in general... read the FAQ in the beginners and/or Microlimits forum to read about the various tools available to you.

Good luck.