View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Two Flop Bets w/ Not Much

I actually prefer the 2nd hand to the first! I have played a ton of these 1st hands as most players have. Middle pair/no kicker in a small pot. All too often you end up putting a lot of bets in with a very vulnerable hand. If they could all fold if empty on the flop then yes I fire. However as a large number of $1 $2 players will take one off with even just one over then I will be forced to fire again on the turn when I could be far behind. Hand 1 I will sometimes bet out but also like to check and see, I will fold to an EP bet if CO folds as I don't really want to see an 8 here as it sets up too many re-draws. EP bet, CO call I will take one off for the odds but tread a little carefull if I hit an 8. If it is checked to the CO I will often check-raise him here and try and get it heads up and value bet it the rest of the way. So to sum up, I will only put bets in if I can get it heads up or improve.

Hand 2 I like more. I bet this nearly every time and will fire again on the turn whatever hits hoping to take it down by then. If they are still there on the river and I am still looking at a ten high then I give it up.