View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Weak Overcard Play

[ QUOTE ]
AQo is very tough UTG, maybe just call and hope for a short handed flop, raising can get you into trouble, if there are 2 callers even, your equity drops, and you'r out of position.

Flop: This flop isn't too bad for AQo, your overcard outs are probably still good. I would bet and raise semibluff, protect those overcard outs aggressively.

Turn: Bet out again, keep in mind you're drawing dead to a set, but you may get a hand like 55 to fold here.

River: when the flush card hits it's time to represent it, you may get someone who has a 9 or 7 to fold. Do not show the hand down, either re-raise or fold if it is raised back to you. If it is capped fold. If you get called you're toast, but that's the danger in AQo UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think AQo is such a good multiway hand to let people in cheaply who can beat you? raise preflop. AQo is best against few players.

semibluff? do you think a guy with 80% vpip has much chance of folding? the aim of a semibluff is to get people to fold, and have outs if they don't fold.

your strategy is much better suited to NL than limit I think, especially the representing the flush bit. people will not fold for one bet when you represent in my experience at this level.