View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Weak Overcard Play

[ QUOTE ]
And, to the poster that said you should bet because you don't want them thinking you have overcards, a) that presumes that they're thinking about what you have, and b) that they aren't going to assume that you have overcards, regardless, because that way they can continue with the hand. I don't think either of these things are going to be true > 60% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing with you that it's really not a great reason to bet this flop. I still think this particular flop is a bet. But could you please give a better explanation of your statement above. As I said I'm not disagreeing I'm just having trouble grasping what you're trying to say there and I want to understand your reasoning against my "meta-game" continuation bet.

Perhaps my position could be beter explained by saying I want them to put me on overcards this situation and on subsequent situations where I have an overpair to a similar board.

I'm not advocating that people at this limit think about peoples hands much. I don't make this play so much for the players that don't pay attention to my hands, since I will get money from them in the long run regardless. I make it for the few players who do pay attention so I can get more of their money when they're in a pot with me.

I think checking everytime you miss overcards after raising Preflop just turns your hand face up. I also think betting into a lot of micro players everytime you miss is a leak. But I think against 2 I bet this flop. But usually give up on the turn UI.