View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Flop Play

[ QUOTE ]
personally in this spot, the board is incredibly non-dangerous looking, and i think i'm still ahead of his range. being ahead of his range likely means a max of 6 outs for villain. calling here lets him draw for free to his 6 outs, and possibly bet the turn with air as well, and me to get all in. raising now gives him the opportunity to fold a worse hand cheaply, and only continue with a winner if he wants. i think this is as close to a non A or K flop as I can get with this hand, and i'm quite willing to go to the felt here. in order to get to the felt with what i think is likely the best hand, i think the best way to do it AND GET MORE CHIPS IN is to call the flop bet. just like i thought that the best way to get more chips in was to call preflop...

c

[/ QUOTE ]

The one thing that sucks about this flop, and his bet is that you've gained no info. If we put this flop into our little calculator dealie, our pot equity is now only at precisely 50%. What's really difficult at this stage, is that our villain knows we don't have AA/KK/QQ. Yet, we don't know how to narrow his hand range down. This is precisely the type of flop you are concerned with most. So, now it's tourney decision time. To go to the end with this hand or not.