View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Re: I think wearing dark glasses while playing poker is bullshit

I heard many views on the board about sunglasses and I think everybody has a good point. I think they do take away from the game and most of the people who wear them just do it because they saw Moneymaker or somebody else they like wear them. Same reason people wear hooded sweatshirts I guess.

All of that being said I do where sunglasses during tournaments and NL games. Sometimes I will wear them during a limit game, but most of the time it doesnt matter. The reason I wear them is for focus reasons. I don't know it is just with me but I tend to wander around and look at other things instead of concentrating on the game. The sunglasses darkens things and makes me focus and gets me in the right frame of mind. It's like a football player putting on a helmet or something...it's weird. So I don't know if I buy the fish wearing sunglass deal.

However, I have recently started listening to music at the table and that has helped focus as well so alot of the trends help me get in "the mood" I guess is what I am saying.