Thread: river bluff
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: river bluff

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: Fold.

Pot odds aren't good, and buddy is either playing a draw of his own, to which you're possibly buggered if you hit, or has TP, which is going to get scared off my most cards in the deck, but is still enough to beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably, I was thinking that we may get some loose call behind to improve my odds but I reallise that this idea is flawed by the fact that one of them can raise or chase a bigger flush.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Call.
The fact that he didn't increase his bet is consistent with the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw. You now have 6 legitimate outs, and 9 possibly counterfeit outs. If the flush wasn't potentially poison, I'd like your play. But as it stands, I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he really has 2 spades, I got 7counterfeit outs. But here my move also set up the river bluff. But your analyse is true and it's probably close. Besides, i'd hate getting reraised here so you are probablly right again.

[ QUOTE ]
River:
His small bet cries out "Well, I had the best hand, but by now I'm probably buggered." We can now discount the idea he had a draw alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I put him on a single pair, average kicker. I tought he tought he was probablly beat but wanted to have a cheap showdown. He tought that a chk-call was probably going to cost him more so he fired a blocking bet whit the intention of folding to a raise.

[ QUOTE ]
He called your river raise, so I don't think it's all that likely he's going to fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean turn call

[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll get called down with K9 or Q9s. He's faced with putting down $10 to win $36. If he had a draw + pair, it was likely along the lines of A8, in which case your buggered.

A lot of hand will fold this, but not 5/8 of them. I'd pick a better spot to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little pot size mistake here, he needs to call 8$ more to win 28.50$ (3.5 : 1). I know it is still a good price for him but I wanted to make a raise that yells "pls call me". I think that betting big here often induce weak player to make heroic call thinking "that guy must be bluffing" or something.

As I think about it, it brings a couple unrelated points up. here it goes:

flop:
fold, bad price and players yet to speak behind

turn:
close between calling and macking the raise, perhaps someone else can jump in and expresse is opinion.

river:
Disregarding the present hand, do you guys sometime bluff raise/bet an amount that give good odds to your opp to induce the tought that you want to be call, hence provocing a fold? I don't think this line should be standard but is a valuable weapon in my opinion.

thx

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]