View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: somewhat old KQs hand from my notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't see what the river raise is accompishing here.

forgetting the reads, and treating them as unknowns: an unknown just woke up on the turn and check-3bet a pf raiser and 3-bettor. the pf 3-better then caps the turn. i can see calling the 2 bets on the turn, since you have outs (and hell, maybe they are crazy) -- but i don't like the river raise at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
well don't forget the read on MP. when i write "idiot lag" in my notes it means what it says. the one type of player more pointlessly aggressive gets tagged a maniac, so he's up there (i don't remember why i wrote this, but he must have done something pretty bad).

read my post above and look at hand combos that the 3-bettor would have. any amount of hand reading would tell him that neither of us have a flush on that river, so he should still be aggressive. i see him simply call the bet and my take is that he does have AK or AA. so i'm raising for value and i really don't mind if i get 3-bet by the lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. then i was a little confused about that then.
if MP is still an idiot lag and button is an unknown, YHILG and i like the raise a lot more. however, QQ and KK (likely for button) will also slow down when the 3rd flush card hits sometimes...since i'm generally a wuss i probably don't raise the river (however my river play alternates between spew and weak/tight - so i dunno)