View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Open Challenge July: Final report

[ QUOTE ]
Not exactly sure why a few people were reporting in the week 3 thread after I bumped it to say that this thread wouldn't be up until today. I hope they remember to report in this thread. As always you have until August 2nd to report or you forfeit.

Next month I am going to be traveling and then going to school so I won't have time to run the OC. I definitely like to see it continue though so I would like to ask if anyone would like to take over for the next month, notify me PM or in this thread. Also, maybe it's just me, but I have been getting more and more disappointed with the spirit of competition or the lack there of so when I come back in September I'm not sure if I will want to continue. If you guys are serious about this and want to continue then I would like to see some interest, at least all of the losers getting their avatars. So please voice whether this is still worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Emmitt,
IMO, you're a damn good guy and we love your work on this as well as your other input on the forums. I really appreciate you doing this and motivating us to play more. I understand your inablity to do this in the future. However, I am a lazy ass and have no desire to take this over from you. I pray someone else will step up, be a leader and take this over from you. I am and I still think others are very interested in this challenge. I see the evidence of this as just how many people you do have signing up for this every month. As for the avatars, i have always given my opponent one but it is sometimes difficult to think of something creative and humilating. But avatars aren't necessarily the spirit of this whole competition. Although it is a great incentive, playing more hands is the goal. Another thing to note concerning July is that at the beginning people tend to think they will have all of this free time and be able to play more. However, at least for people in the US, July is the month that most of us go on vacation. So I think a lot of us fell victim to that. I wasn't able to play a single hand during the month of July until the 16th. Damn, I make good sandwiches, fluffy thick wheat bread, mayo, mozzerella and provelone, lettuce, salami, pastrami, capacola, ham, bacon some oil and a dash of pepper mmm... delicious, you should try, unless you're jewish or muslim or vegetarian or something.