View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s New Orleans and the Raddison Hotel in N.O.

I am from NO, but now I just visit 2 times a year (thinking of relocating). The best food in town "Ye Old College Inn" off of Carolton. Its not downtown, but its not to far and its worth it. If you don't want to leave downtown go to "ACME Oyster House" off Canal St. (5 minutes from Harrahs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I havent played in Harrahs poker room yet because I spend most of my time on the Westbank of town (its home [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). When I am downtown I am with alot of people who don't want to watch me play cards. Try to make it to Boomtown if possible. Its on the westbank (Lapalco Blvd.) about 15 minutes out of the city. Nice little cardroom on the 2nd floor. Last time I was there the lowest spread was 3-6. This city is all about ommaha and 7-card stud. You will have a better chance of finding lower limits at Boomtown, opposed to Harrahs (I've heard). Good luck, have fun and don't drink 3 Hurricanes and gamble.......you won't win. Trust me. Give us a report when you get back.