View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: NFL 12/11/05 Seems Soft - Tell me why I\'m wrong...

Just some quick thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
CHI+6 @ PIT

[/ QUOTE ]
Opened at Chicago +4 and is being bet up by people hammering on Pitt. If you like it now, wait as it might get up to seven.

[ QUOTE ]
OAK-3 @ NYJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Two factors you are overlooking, that Oakland is terrible on the road and is probably playing for next year. However with the performance of Road Favorites this year, I can't argue that bad. Personally doesn't look like a lot of value here.

[ QUOTE ]
IND-7.5 @ JAX

[/ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, if Indy's smart they lose this game on purpose. I don't think they'd do something like that, but it would help them out tremendously to lose I think - they get to rest their starters for the playoffs, they get to tone down practice a notch, they get to start focusing on the post-season instead of preparing for meaningless games to break a meaningless record. I'm not saying they take a dive, specifically, but I think there's enough of a positive to losing that it might be a factor, at the subconcious level if nothing else (way out on a limb here).

[ QUOTE ]
HOU+6.5 @ TEN

[/ QUOTE ]
Houston may be playing for the Reggie Bush sweepstakes and may want to start their third string to look to build for the future.

[ QUOTE ]
SF+15.5 @ SEA

[/ QUOTE ]
This spread looks pretty appropriate. Seattle is going to want to win this one quick so they can rest their starters. I wouldn't be suprised to see this a four or five touchdown lead for Seattle at halftime or early third quarter. But I wouldn't bet on either side.

[ QUOTE ]
BAL +14 @ DEN

[/ QUOTE ]
This looks like a pretty solid underdog play, but we'll see. Too early for me to weigh in solidly on the value of Baltimore, but I can see this as a low-scoring affair.

[ QUOTE ]
DET+5.5 @ GB

[/ QUOTE ]
I like Detroit here as well.

[ QUOTE ]
CIN-12 vs CLE

[/ QUOTE ]
Cleveland does have the 10th ranked pass defense (16th overall) which should help to keep this game lower-scoring than many of the recent Cinci shootouts. I expect this to be run-oriented on both sides of the ball. Again, too early to comment on value, just wanted to point out that Cleveland's defense isn't so terrible