View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 99 UTG vs. TAG UTG1

preflop:I would raise against a TAG player here, that way you don't invite him to play aggressively cheaply since he'll need to 3 bet you here to show aggression. Not raising here gives him a wider range of hands to play. Makes it tough to know where you stand.

flop: It's very tough to tell where stand on the flop here. He could pocket 8s for all you know but in any case your 9 outs are probably still good. Those are outs you are a paying a lot for here.

turn:good check/call mode here, if you spike a nine on the river,you can get him for extra bets. You're probably gonna call any river card though, except maybe the flush card, but I wouldn't neccessarily give him credit for that either.

River: He seems like he's value betting his hand here, I don't know if he pumps the pot like he did, pure bluffing, but you might as well call just to be sure. Only a really bad player would try to pure bluff here, someone losing money left and right. It's also safe to fold, pretend you were on a club draw, and give him credit for a made hand. Thats a good hand to learn from. Either way at this point folding is probably slightly less -EV than calling.