View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: How to get the confidence back?

Rather than just grinding on low limits, why don't you take a break. Similar to Beantown, I used poker as my summer job. By the end of summer, my performance seemed to be really slowing down and I just felt like I was running bad and was always afraid to get tangled up in pots. I was almost relieved when the end of summer came so that I could go to school and not have to play poker. I was just always scared at the end of summer even if I was playing really well.

Well I took from October until the middle of November off without even thinking about poker. It was only in the last couple weeks I started reading the forum again and then I had a new motivation. I started playing again and I was really motivated and really confident in my game. Over Thanksgiving break I started playing again and I played full-time like I had in the summer and with my new confidence and motivation I was shredding the tables. I was making money like I was on peak days during the summer each day over the break. I'm just really confident again and not afraid to tangle up with anyone. I have a lot of confidence in my game now and I think the break was the best thing that could have happened to me. If you can afford to do something like this, I'd recommend trying it out.

Deev