View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 25-50 NL AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
For all of you who are advocating the c/r all in on the turn. When we flat call the flop bet, wont alarm bells go off in villains head? Id imagine if we check to him and he is on a draw he will take the free card. Is a good line to just call and then 2/3 pot any turn?

I know I am out of my element here but do villains really fire blank turns with draws in these games? I would hate to give him a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading this hand and thinking about it for a bit away from the computer, this is the point that I kept coming back to. With the limp-reraise preflop you are clearly representing a premium hand, but of course there's a chance you are bluffing. If you reraise all in on the flop nothing has changed... you are still *representing* an overpair, but you can make the move with any two cards. When you just call his raise, you can no longer be bluffing. He may not be sure exactly how strong you are, but he knows you're not on air.

In order for this play to work, there must be some chance that you are bluffing (semibluffing)... if this is always AA/KK with stacks this deep then you are just giving away money. And in order to sell this as a bluff, you can't just call the flop.