View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:27 PM

Default dumb people and their dumb pocket pairs

Here is the deal, I read over the thread about how people play their pocket pairs like they are OMGSOSTRONG, and then I was playing in a $.50+.10 sit n go and something happened, and I thought I would share it to see what you all (ya'll, for those in the south) think about it.

Let me set the mood.... Its like the 3rd of 4th hand of the tourney, level 1, blinds 15/30, I am on sb duty and have 1445 after I post the SB, and the guy to my left has 1065 (he won a hand)

OK, so, I am dealt 89o on the small blind and everyone has folded at the table except for me (hero) and the BB (meany villain) so I think that maybe I can scare him into folding by raising 1 BB worth of value, but the idiot calls!!!!! so now i am thinking "wtf could this donkeyfish have?" the flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], so I am thinking "sweetness, there is a god, i have TPWOHOAMK (Top Pair With One Hell Of A Mediocre Kicker) so i bet.....4x the BB, and the donkeyfish calls.

So, we will see the turn, which is a J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and I think to myself "enough of this tomfoolery, I am going to take this sucker out" I bet 4x the BB again, "lets see how he likes that" and I feel good about it, so in the text box, I type "I dare you to call THAT, donkeyfish hahahaha, your chips will be mine, and next, your GIRLFFRIEND!!! hahahaha" he calls, and falls right into my little trap. Then comes the river...

The river is a 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], no help to me, I check the board to see if there is a flush possible but there are 2 spears[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and two flowers[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and a heart[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], so I bet.....6x the BB!!!!...... then, and I dont get this, the donkeyfish raises me!!! now I know this mokey's game, he is trying to scare me out of the hand, so I dont even think twice about what I have to do next.....I type "I am not afraid of you, donkeyfish" and I immediately hit the "call" button!!!

This donkeyfish turns over 22, he had 3, 2's!!!!!!! he had called my preflop raise with 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was amazed at this idiot....who calls a preflop raise with 22?!?!?! on what planets is that hand good???? certainly not on America!!!!!!

Who is teaching these morons how to play? where can I find them? and is it legal to kill them here in the US?