View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Laggiest Game Ever

Maybe loosen up, but just a tad, right?

From SSHE:

[ QUOTE ]
p. 78 "It [the game] is passive to somewhat aggressive before the flop (about 15 to 35 percent of pots are raised)...If your game differs from this template, these recommendations will not be accurate."

[/ QUOTE ]
From this, I don't think we can rely on the "loose table" starting chart in SSHE.

[ QUOTE ]
p. 85 "If more than about thirty percent of all hands are raised and reraised before the flop...you may also play 99, AQs-ATs, KQs-KJs, and AQo." [This is in addition to the AA-TT, AKs, and AKo recommended in the preceeding two paragraphs.]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a little bit looser than the AA-QQ and AKs recommended in HPFAP. The section in HPFAP did say that a few other hands were marginally profitable, but were ignored to reduce variance.

Aren't unsuited hands (even AKo and AQo) at a disadvantage in a multiway pots?

[ QUOTE ]
p. 85 "Even if your opponents are extremely loose and crazy, you cannot play speculative hands profitably if you must pay three or more bets to see the flop."

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this includes hands like Axs and small suited connectors, right?

[ QUOTE ]
p. 85 "Furthermore, to play hands like ATs and KJs profitably for three bets, you must be very sure of your opponents tendencies. If you are not, it is probably best to give them up."

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd argue that, given what this statement implies (that you could read your opponents' hands and flop bets well enough to fold decent hands or manipulate their play), this section in SSHE doesn't really apply to games like the OP's (where several players simply go along with the cap on all streets regardless of hand strength).

I can't decide whether this difference means you can profitably play the speculative hands (your implied odds are probably better), or if it means you should tighten up a bit on the recommended hands played (the weaker hands are no longer profitable).

--------

On the second part of your post...

How does position help you in the OP's original game?

I understand the value of position in a regular game, but in a game where 4+ people are going to the cap on every street, isn't position relatively worthless?

PP