View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on line taken?

I think had you cut the action off on the turn the comments may change.

I'm ok with the way you played it, my only concern would be that he raised and didn't cap PREFLOP. So on this king high flop(three kings, one remaining) him having a KING is unlikly(Pair) aswell as aces being unlikly.

So as this is the case, I think you must get your money in now as theres a big chance he may not bet the turn(Ok shorthanded play usually results in flop/turn bets but may not be the case).

Interms of protection, i think headsup he's calling the flop raise anyhow so theres not much you can protect from(Except a flop bluff, but in a 11SB flop hes not folding untill atleast the turn even with a weak pair).

Now we're only behind QT on the flop and a 8/T/Q are bad cards, but we have redraws.

I think i'd of played it the same some days, and raised the flop on others. Interms of profit the turn play is best of course.

I dont feel your can protect against most hands on the flop, So waiting for the turn and hoping to boat up is our best bet IMO.

Of course we're likly ahead on the turn anyhow so it has lots of value too.

Just my opinion, Lets get a debate rocking!

So NH interms of what i do mishand with 10 seconds to act, But after consideration interms of what he hold/Do i think flop raise is often a good idea. Would you bet the turn with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Vs a Preflop 3better on this?