View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: call down with A-hi UI

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: For me to consider raising with a garbage hand like A7o, there are a few key variables that have be in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i hear is blah blah blah weak tight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I was playing on Party, then I'd fold. PPl at Pokerroom love to check/fold flops to me.

If I had A7s, would that be a raising hand?

A7o, and KTo are about as bad as I get isolating one PR fish.

So if I'm folding A7o because he might have 66, or two live flush draw cards, wouldn't you also advocate folding if I held A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Qx, or Jx, or Tx ?

I'm not folding A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Qx on this flop

Seriously, his pfr is respectable, he doesn't have 99, TT, JJ or QQ, so it's not like I'm totally screwed here. He has 22-88, or a flush draw here like always. Once that baby card on the turn hits, I figure if he's got [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I'm winning, if he has PP, he's winning, but I have 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
A good discussion on whether to ISO or not to ISO can be found in "Poker Essays 1" by Mason Malmuth, on page 39. The hand he refers to is Ah4h, a very simular hand to A7o. I think you should read it.
Another good discussion of this kind of ISO strategy can be found in HPFAP on pages 33-35, I think you should read that also, especially the top paragraph on page 35.
Just trying to be helpful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]