View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 98s and I play goofy and/or with l33t skillz

[ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree with 2/2 of these points. Given his description of the table, and give a conducive image, 98s UTG should be quite profitable. It's not the way it worked out, but the plan should have been to isolate the donks in the blinds, even taking a small ev deficit preflop, because it will be easy to make it up against them postflop when hero has position on 2 mega donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this statement. YOu are trying to isolate the blinds while utg??? Thats stretching it a bit. And you can say "well it didnt work out this in this situation, but..." but thats exactly one of the factors that goes into why I dont like it, because you are still UTG, and what happened here isnt some rare anomoly. (ie you get 3 bet by someone who has postion, or even the other 2 guys cold call).

Also even should the play work, I dont get excited about playing 9 high against TWO morons. Talk about reverse implied odds. Sure it works out great all the times you flop a monster, and 98s sure looks secy for that, but lets not forget that the majority of the time you are going to have a very marginal hand vs 2 opponents who are going to play correctly against you postflop in those situations, even if it is by toital accident. And I think those situations happen waaaay more than you would like to make 98s profitable in this spot.