View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: My poker (loser) experience

Sounds like you're a gambler and need the action. Walking away for a while should be help BUT you'll probably find yourself back at the tables before you're committed to playing your top game again.

Try hanging out w/your friends, go eat nice meals, go watch movies, concerts, and blow the money elsewhere before getting more stuck playing poker and god forbid limit poker.

a ton of top players go bust from running bad and playing worse or maybe some other vice and if you've only been playing for a year, then that's not suprising at all.

I'm no different and was broke the first year i was playing. But what turned me around was realizing the money I burnt through was long gone and it was time to just start treating my precious little nut that i did have as the beginning of a new bankroll and not the remenants of something that i once had.

I guess the analogy would be something like raising a kid only to have the kid pass away. Then a having a second kid to raise after that. You would raise the second kid as something totally new and you would nurture and bring it up up as well as you could. Hopefully not in the shadow of a kid you've lost in the past because of whatever reason.

And in the end, it's just money. seriously.