View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Royal Hold\'em strategys

My thinking for this game is to try to play for full houses. The only time that a straight is the nuts at the river is when the straight is on the board. I might play 2 suited cards if there is no raise and I am in late position, hoping to get lucky. I would also play AK in late position if there is no raise. With the AK you want to flop top two pair and hope that you hit one of your 4 outs to make a boat. If you flop the nut straight, you can only hope that your opponents all fold to a big bet. If you get called, you have to hope that the board doesn't pair, which it will most of the time. Beyond that, you have to remember that for you to win any money from the pot the turn and river must come exactly AK to make a straight on the board, which you will split with your opponent anyway. The only time that your straight will win the whole pot is in the event that your opponent has a two pair that didn't fill up. I think that the most money in this game will come from people overplaying two pairs. I don't see this game lasting too long. It is the kind of game that will get eaten up too quickly by the sharks. The fish won't want to play anymore because they will bust too quickly. These are my preliminary thoughts on this game. Any elaboration will be appreciated, or if my thinking is wrong, please correct me.