View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Live 5-10 River Decision

Not an easy hand... Duh...

One of those hands where there are a hundred choices and 99 are likely wrong.

The advice is to value bet against the unknown. Certainly not bad advice. Hero is in a $500 buyin and still a bit ahead. The value bet changes that to under water. If villan has a near nut here he's going to reraise. If you check he is likely to value bet and let you call the hand for hopefully the same level as you'd have bet into him.

Seems the choice is play semi-aggressive and face a rebuy or take the cowards route and either make a decent profit or just end up a bit underwater after the hand.

The only information you have tends toward the negative. Villan seems capable of playing a drawing hand or the nuts slowly. So, I check and see what he does or pot commit using the scare cards of the coordinated board. Seems like betting 500 for value is making me close enough to pot committed that if I choose aggression then I might as well go all the way.

Usually tales like this end up poorly in the forums. I am expecting a loser here. So my tainted choice is to check and pray and make the crying call of hopefully his modest value bet.