Thread: come on wb!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 03:52 AM

Default Yes Arena Football..

While you guys are off busy trying to figure out the hoops I am going to take on the soft competition in the AFL!

I like two sides in Friday's games
Arizona +4 over Tampa
Storm are called the hottest team in the league, but are the inferior team here. Rattlers have got on track and lost a tough one at the league champs last week by 1. I think they bring the Storm back down. Price is a little lower than expected, but if this one was played a few weeks back it would be about even. Take the very live road dog to get a key win, by season end I think they might be the best team.

Carolina +22 over San Jose
Winless team, but improving. They have covered 3 straight as people have jumped on the wagon while they were down. I sensed turnaround after first cover and I am going to ride it until the lose one ATS. Little chance of winning, obviously, at the league champs, but the Cats haven't been so great of late, getting wins but not covers. I think this is a great spot for the dog, the favorite might take it easy coming off a tough win last week and the dog is fighting hard and keeping games close.

Key to betting AFL is to remember teams talent level is constantly changing. People don't know the players or the game so they just overbet based on very recent results and push a lot of value to those that follow the game. Teams have a couple of reincarnations each year and that is what I am essentially betting on here.