View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: How loose should I play in this game?

[ QUOTE ]
I have been dabbling at 7 stud hi for a month or so after I read SCSFAP and I have a question about the .25/.50 game a UB. The ante is .10 and the bring in is .15, so it seems like this should play as a fairly high ante game. If it hasn't been raised, you are getting at least 5.3 to 1 in pot odds to call the bring in at a full table and you would be getting better than 4 to 1 to call a completed bet.

I have been playing a fairly tight game at this level and found the games to be pretty easy. However, I would like to work on maximizing my profit a little.

Does this high an ante structure mean I should be playing quite a few hands even if it is a complete bet to me? I am talking about playing small pairs with a 2 flush or 3 medium straight cards with 1 gap even for a full bet. I know I should be playing looser, I am just not sure how much I should loosen up here. Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would stay away from the one gap straight even if it is just one small bet unless they are high overcards. Same with the small pairs...if it is completed before you and you have an overcard to the probable pair of the raiser than i would consider calling, perhaps even raising if your pair is hidden and you think you can knock everyone else out.