View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: I know this is bad, but right now i\'m doing it. Flame me.

[ QUOTE ]
I just went through a 500BB downswing. I am sure some of my losses have to do with my idiocy/tilt/what have you. Lately if I have a nice win, I just stop so that I have a positive experience with which to begin my next session. Being results oriented is horrible and I never used to be this way, but I'm doing it. How dumb am I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

I had a 500BB downswing in July. It screwed me up mentally for a long time.

I ran normal from Late July through August. But still felt plauged. I switched to four tables in August specifically so I could play shorter sessions.

I just recently dropped back to three tables because I felt I had plateaued learning wise and wanted to focus more.

Anyway, only recently have I stopped the early win quits and just played my hours.

My point is this. it is going to screw with you for a bit. The next downswing you have however minor will scare the [censored] out of you. This is just the way it is. Massive downswings are a traumatic experience for those of us who take the game seriously. Not to sound like a puss; but acknowledge your fears and try to adjust.

This may entail dropping a couple tables if that is what it takes to get you to play your hours. You have to train yourself through this, as the early quits could ultimately become more damaging winrate wise than the downswings.