Old 11-04-2003, 11:05 PM
jasonHoldEm jasonHoldEm is offline
Senior Member

Location: Easton, MD
Default Re: Mike Caro\'s Book of Poker Tells

According to Mike Caro they are basically the same...I copied this (had the same question as you) from united poker forum...sorry no direct links there.

on 7. Mar 2003 08:33 JasonHoldEm wrote:
> Mr. Caro,
>
> I just noticed that there's a new book of tells coming out (March 2003,
> according to amazon). Just wondering if this is a new edition of the classic or
> a reprinting.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Hi, Jason --

It's really just a reprint with a few changes in formatting to fit the style of the publisher, Cardoza. It will be distributed by Simon and Shuster.

Cardoza reverted to the actual 1984 photos used in earlier editions, rather than what I included in the latest MCU version. I didn't like the photos, because the original plates made them look muddy and the negatives were lost in a photo studio fire.

So, in the MCU-only version of the book (this new one still carries the MCU logo along with Cardoza's), we used Photo retouching techniques to reduce unnecessary detail and make the the photos more like line-art drawings. We called them "photo illustrations."

I liked the effect very much, but many others didn't.

Straight Flushes,
Mike Caro