View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Chronicles of Narnia (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did you guys think of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it, I thought it was an entertaining movie and the story kept me interested. I hadn't read the book before so everything was new for me, which I really enjoyed. The only real knock I can think of is that at no point during the movie do you think it is anything but a kids movie. I also found it to be pretty funny, however the most amusing part was them as young adults. Peter looked just like the King from BK. My friend and I both noticed that, and pointed that out loudly in the theater, which resulted in much laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought it was good, and it was a nostalgic moment for me, as it brought me back to my younger days. Some of my friends didn't like it though, and I think much of the reason is that the movie really didn't try to appeal too much to anyone older. If you look at newer "kids" movies like Harry Potter, they still have some appeal to older people, but this movie was the first time in a while that I really felt like I was watching a PG movie.

Also Lucy's butter knife was sweet. It was pretty awesome how whenever she pointed it, the entire theater laughed.