View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Should have fired again? Or should have gotten out?

Lori,

[ QUOTE ]
I have built my stack to 4k, the blinds are pitiful and one of the guys I'm raising is the only one on the table who can hurt me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with basically everything said here. I think 5-handed, folding A8o one off the button when the blinds are certainly worth stealing is a mistake. I think you should be raising 3xBB, and the fact that a big stack is in the blinds doesn't matter... If anyone reraises you--its an easy fold, and you don't have to put all your chips on the line if an ace flops. You will likely have position, and you can control the hand very well. The times you steal the blinds make this raise a must IMO. Also the fact that you have 4k doesn't mean you should slow down--I'm not sure why you'd play this differently with 4k then you would with 5k or 2.8k.

Shorthanded I want big cards, and I want position. You have both here. The hand definitely has enough equity to merit a raise.

As far as the line that our hero took, I like it. Your hand does have showdown value and only better hands will call you on the river, so I like the check. If we had a little more information on the opponent we could provide slightly better advice for the flop and turn. But in general, I like this line against a normal player who will be slightly passive on the bubble.

-Jason