View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one not multitabling?

also for growing into multi-tabling...
try playing 1 table of your regular stakes and you focus on that table.

then add a 2nd table of .5/1 or smaller where you just make automated, straight-forward plays. Obviously this will mostly involve folding pre-flop...and you can go back to your original instincts of concentrating on reads and the play of the hand at your primary table.

This may help ease the transition of multi-tabling for some.

I'll do something like this occasionally if I feel like I need to give more concetration to reads.
Instead od 5-6 tables of 5/10 I might just play 2 tables of 5/10 and 2 tables of 3/6.

I'm barely paying any attention at all to the 3/6 (because straight-forward play will still get you the money there) while I'm devoting as much attention as possible to my 2 higher-limit tables.

I also believe that this is a helpful way for players like me...I don't necessarily have a problem multi-tabling...but I do have a tough-time getting all the reads and following as much of the action as I think I should.
This gets one in the habit of really focusing on a table (or two) while also maintaining the same multi-tabling 'skills' (as it were).