View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM

Default *Fraud Warning* Switching from AT&T to Cingular

I went to my local Cingular store today to switch my ATT account to a Cingular. The reason I was switching is that I noticed a degraded ATT network and thought that switching to a Cingular plan would help out some service issues.

Here is the Warning:

1.) You have to Switch phones. This isn't a big problem if you take the free phone but they also don't want to migrate over you numbers. Who has a few hours to migrate over the 90 numbers in my phone?

2.) 18 dollar fee per line to change over. This sucks again because I have 2 line and would be charged twice

3.) Less min. for the same amt. of money. I currently have 1300 min. for 74 dollars They want to give me 1100 min. for 72 dollars. This is a nationwide plan

4. I currently pay 9.99 for a second line, Cingular wants to now charge me 19.99 for the second line

5. My nights and weekend starts at 7 p.m. with my current plan and it would start at 9 P.M. with Cingular. If I still wanted it to start at 7 p.m. I would have to pay another 7 dollars per line.

Can you see why I'm pissed off. I pay these pricks 100 bucks a month and they are trying to Con me into paying more by screwing me out of minutes. I forgot to say one thing. You do get "Carry Over Minutes" but is it really worth it?

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and stay with my AT&T plan for now but I just wanted to warn anyone that doesn't read the fine print or know what questions to ask.