View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Iowa in December

I live in Iowa City. I know of four regular low stakes NLHE here in Iowa City. There's a monthly 20$ buy-in tourney at someone's house with about 30 players. There's an 25c/50c cash game with pots routinely at 8-9 dollars at a bar another poster mentioned. It's pretty juicy -- I pull in 40/night on average there. There are also tourneys with side-games following at the american Legion, those are above board, so the most you can win in teh tourney is 50$, but because of that, they pay out like 40% of the field. Fold your way to 20$.

PM me for any info. If these games are far beneath you then you have 3 real options:

1) Isle of Capri (riverboat) in Bettendorf, 2hrs W of IC. I guess they spread a decent variety of games with not-too-stiff competition. Never been there.

2) Meskawki in Tama. They're poker room has died since Prarie Meadows opened up. Still, you cand always find some 1-2 NL and 4-8 limit with bigger games on weekends. Fun tourneys, bad players. A few hours west of IC, 1.5 w of CR.

3) Prarie Meadows outside of Des Moines: Plush, new, clean, competent dealers, nice place. 2.5 hrs W of IC. Spread games at all times up to 5/10. 20/40 and 35 NL on weekends.

I hope this helps. GL. PM me for more info about Iowa City games. They're fun and easy.