Thread: About chat...
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: About chat...

[ QUOTE ]
The moralist sees poker as a strange little exercise in ethics: you master your desire to gamble by only playing reasonable hands in reasonable situations, you don't raise unless you have a strong hand, you don't stick around for outrageous longshots, everyone waits their turn for good starting cards and/or good flops and then wins their allotted amount and everyone's happy.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked your whole post, but this was especially good.

I had one of my best sessions last night where I chatted for the first time in ages. I happened to sit by chance next to a player that I've been living off a bit lately and I wrote a greeting to him in the chat box. He responded in kind and we spent the next hour having a great time exchanging witty banter while I proceeded to clean him out. We got the entire table involved and another upshot was that almost nobody left. Everyone stuck around because they were having a good time. A suckout was greeted with choruses of "you rock!", "way to go!" and even, "you needed that one."
New arrivals at the table were instantly bombarded with 1000 questions; where are you from, who is the hot chick in your avatar, is that you, we're playing really crap so you're going to love this table, etc etc.

I was up quite a bit when I had to go. Everyone thanked me for playing with them and my new friend, (whom I had buddy listed previously), actually told me to look for him the next time I was online. Now that is cool.

and I had fun.