View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Am I missing something here?

Bump.

I actually could use some help with this one.

I suspect the answer is push, but I'm having trouble developing the rationale to get there.

Although diamonds represent a sizeable fraction of his holdings, we can't call and check-fold to a meaningful bet on a diamond turn. We'd be getting 3-1 at that point, (since he's down to 400 and likely autopushing), making it impossible to fold.

So since it's likely all going in anyway, maybe we should just push now.

Then again there's call then push the turn. There's a risk of folding a flush draw the 4/5 of the time a non-diamond will fall, since he's getting only 3-1 there; when he is all-in with a flush draw in that situation, we have a slight positive expectation when he calls as opposed to folding.

Then there's call, check-call his push if a diamond falls, inducing the semi-bluff by A9s/QTs/air.

So I've reasoned my way into this line: call, then push a non-diamond turn, check-call a diamond turn. I feel that the turn can't be checked on a non-diamond, because of the risk of giving a free card.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Well, the only reason to wait until the turn, it seems, is if he has a 9 and would push on a diamond turn if checked-to, but would fold the 9 to a flop push. Unlikely, given his raise compared to his stack size.

So nothing much good can be found in not pushing this flop, it seems.