View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:05 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs v good player

[ QUOTE ]
I hate your 3 bet preflop against a top player. You are out of position and will miss most times.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there is a reason to just call preflop its to checkraise most flops. i dont understand how "it will miss most times" is an argument for calling with KJ against someone who is presumably raising like 40-50% of her hands. obviously just calling and letting it go if he misses is sub-optimal. so what is your plan when you just call? how much attacking do you do on the flop?

i think good K high hands are the best non-premium hands to 3-bet in this spot. you have good HU equity and you take initiative against A/K high or small pairs and put the burden on them to flop good. if he has 33 and the flop is A97, she will fold to a bet, whereas bk wouldve had to check fold because he missed (and a checkraise on the flop basically screams "I don't have an A"). likewise, if the flop is something like T87 or Q98 it is hard for A high to continue if she hasnt paired her kicker.