View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:02 AM

Default I GOT A STUPID DEALER AT THE BELLAGIO WHO DIDNT KNOW HAND RANKINGS

I was at the Bellagio in Vegas, playing 100/200 Omaha/8 for the first time (I've made a career playing stud for thirty years). After playing for a few minutes, the action comes to me in one hand, and I look down at my cards to see AAAA. I cannot believe my great luck, but fortunately, being a pro, I am able to keep a perfect poker face. I raise. and several people call. The flop is 333. I bet, and everyone folds to this short Vietnamese woman, who raises. I reraise, and she caps the betting. This happens again on the turn and river, which are 7 and Q. I can't help but wonder what this woman is doing, surely she knows that quad treys lose to almost any other quads. After the betting is capped on the river, I turn over my monster hand and she turns over just what I expected: KK23. But for some reason, the clueless dealer thinks that quad treys are better than quad aces, and just as I am about to gather in the big stack, he gives it to the vietnamese woman. I am very angry and sceam for the pit boss. When he arrives, I show him my four aces and he corrects the ignorant dealer and gives me all the chips. As I leave the tale with my big winnings, I notice that the short Vietnamese woman is following me around. When I step outside, she suckerpunches me where it hurts the most, right in the groin. I would have done something very violent but I was in too much pain, and besides, it's not proper to hit a woman.