View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Fold QQ?? - Got raised on J high flop - Turn King

[ QUOTE ]
No read at all It's my first hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
1 fold,UTG+1 raises, 2 folds, MP3 3-bets, 3 folds, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 raises, Hero calls, UTG+1 3-bets, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a tough situation, when the villain calls/3bets the flop and he plays normal, I would put him on JJ,AA,KK,AhKh. When the turn comes theres not one hand you can beat now. So whether to continue or not beyond the turn depends on your read of the villain. Is he a very good player? if so then you should fold since he will have one of the above 4 hands. Is he a wild player? If thats the case he can still have as little as a flush draw, or just AJ or some other weird hand. Obviously you should call down in that situation. With no read at all on the villain, I would assume he plays logically and thus I would fold the turn since I would put him on JJ,AA,KK,AhKh. But assuming your opponent plays logically can be very dangerous sometimes, but I still think this is the best policy with no read.