View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker: Optimal Stats?

I don't claim to be a good player, but I do pretty well with my limited sample size.

My stats for .50/1 are as follows (from memory since I'm at work):
VP$IP- 21.90 -Ideally I'd like this under 20%, this is probably an aberration of small sample size though. FWIW I'm at 15.5% at 1/2 so far.
W$WSF- ~32%- I think this is about in line with the norm
W$SD- 56%- I probably fold too much on the river, it used to be closer to 52% which I think is more in line.
PFR%- ~9%- This might be a bit high, I think anything 5-8% is considered good.
BB/100- 5.05- This is probably unsustainable, though I know I have a number of leaks in my game lately that I'm currently trying to address, so who knows. It'll most certainly go down when I either add more tables (only play 2 now) or move up to higher limits.

This is over about 10k hands or so. I don't think these will change to drastically at higher limits (I'd hope anyway). I recall seeing a post by astroglide that he struggles to keep his VP$IP under 22% @ 15/30, and I wouldn't argue he's a winning player. I think some of the stats that will change more will be Check raise frequency, steals, etc. The core stats (like those you mentioned) are, as far as my understanding goes, pretty universal.

Bison's thread on notes (some notes on notes) in the micro forum is excellent for establishing stat benchmarks for players (using the auto-rate feature in Poker Tracker). It'll probably give you exactly the information you're looking for as for what 'standard' stats should be.

Hope that at least was close to what you were asking about.