Thread: Burnt Out
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Burnt Out

I was feeling a little burnt out of poker yestreday, particuarly the 1/2 limit i've been playing and consistently loosing at for whatever reason. I was playing online for almost 4 hours (longest session i've ever had), and was down about $20. I was about to stop playing, when I noticed there were two VERY juicing tables running (on Paradise Poker). They were something like $17 avg pot, 40% players per flop, ect. I sat at both, determined to find which would be a better game. They both looked good so I ended up two-tabling. Things started going my way (or at least not against me) and I made about $30, putting me up $10 on the day. THEN, after a couple rounds of cold cards, I get AK, flop an ace, turn a king, and end up losing with TopTwoPair to AA. That upset me a LOT. About 5 hands later on my other table, I get AKs. Again I flop an ace. And river another. After basically capping the river (I'm on tilt, yes) he turns over A10 for a boat.

So I started cursing at both tables, couldn't believe that happened to me. Anyways, I'm wondering what I should do now?

I've got about $900 (profits) from online poker play. Should I just cash it out and buy something? Problem is I can't think of anything I want to buy, and if I did I could use other money saved up to purchase it. Should I just stop playing for a while? Or maybe move up to 2/4, where playing actually sounds like fun.

Your thoughts?