View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: some of my Foxwoods ME hands (rip the donkey who only got 13th)

1) his push folds out a bunch of overcards. I don't think it is a bluff, per say, but Gavin is waving the white flag, so Sheets obliges and takes the pot from him. The strange part is Gavin waving the white flag.

2) Why not call with AK in postition? But it does become a hit or miss propostition. At least, until he gives you the odds to chase and see what the turn brings. Who knows, maybe he will give up like Gavin did. I call this bet.

3) Yeah, he can let this one go. You have 30BBs and are pushing over a short-stack raise. This screams mid-PP. I don't think AQ does this much, nor do other hands. That you have QQ is a little strange, but I guess it is the upper bound of this move. But yeah, I'd do some math with my AK, and if it was sooted and I was a fan of variance for variance's sake, I'd call. But I'm not, so I don't.
I think the pot odds get you there for AKs. Slightly +EV.

4) This is definately a call if it is sooooted (or push). 240 to you, 310 in the pot. Even offsuit is a call. Unlike the previous hand, AQ/AJ are candidates here. The guy has 20BBs, he needs to pick up some of these types of pots. I'm surprised by your fold, QQs fold, but strange things happen in live tournies. Well, it worked out for you, so good.

5) Yeah this is very very strange. No he shouldn't fold. His read of AdQd is uber-bizarre. Your play is fine. It probably gets him to fold 77-JJ, shuts out AJ, and may even fold a weak king. You got handed a gift though.

Congrats on the tourney! 13th is awesome, though I know how much it sucks to get so close to the FT and not make it.