View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: favourite movie rants

Tried to edit it from what I remember...

"Goddammit you [censored] guys. You passed your sevens over a month ago...Seth is the only one who has opened the necessary forty accounts for their team leader. When I was a junior broker, I did it in twenty six days. You're not sending out press packets anymore. None of this Debbie the Time Life operator [censored]. It's time to go to work. Get on the phones and be aggressive. Learn how to push. Move around! Motion creates emotion.

I remember this guy once called me to sell me some stock. So I let him. I got every [censored] rebuttal out of this guy. Kept him on the phone for an hour and a half. Toward the end I started asking him buying questions. Like, what's the firm minimum? That's a buying question. I ask a question like that, BOOM right there he should take me down. It's not like I asked him what his 800 number was. That's a [censored] off question. I was giving him a run and he blew it. To a question like, What's the firm minimum the answer is zero! You don't like the idea, don't pick up a single share. This putz is telling me...(mocking)...ummm, a hundred shares? Wrong answer! No!You have to learn how to close. Keep asking questions. Ask rhetorical questions, doesn't matter...just to get a yes out of them. If you were drowning and I threw you a life jacket would you grab it? Yes? Good. Pick up two hundred shares, I won't let you down. Ask a guy if he'll be happy to see thirty to forty percent return. What's he gonna say? No? [censored] you, I don't want to see those returns?

*one guy laughs*

Stop laughing, it's not funny. If you can't close then start thinking about another career. I'm serious. I am dead [censored] serious about that. Have your rebuttals ready. Anybody says call me tomorrow, [censored]! Anybody says they got money problems about two hundred shares is lying to you. You know what I say to that? I say hey, tell me you don't like my idea, tell me you don't like my firm, tell me you don't like my [censored] necktie, but don't tell me you can't pull twenty five hundred together. And remember...there is no such thing as a "no sale" call. A sale is made on every call you make. You either sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made. The question is, who's gonna close, you or him? Now be relentless! That's it, I'm done."

ScottieK