View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:26 AM

Default yes another TAX question....

OK, this is my first year filing taxes. I'm meeting with an accountant who has talked to my parents and basically just wants me to give him a number. He wants a number of everything both on site and off site. At first this didn't make much sense to me, as I was planning to just give him a number of actual cash I've taken out or deposited to bank account. I didn't want to give him a number that included money on say party because I didn't think it was taxable until I withdrew it from site. Also I didn't want to pay taxes on money that I could potentially lose and then still have to pay taxes since I claimed X and now it's X - Y. I was talking to a fellow 2+2er who said the right way would have been to just use PT and group all wins and all loses and provide that info. with records, etc... The only records I keep are records of when the $ on cyberspace gets moved to the bank or to cash. So WTF should I do? He said it probably looks shady just reporting a # and no records of how/when I got there...thoughts? How should I handle this situation, in the future how should I avoid this headache? I only really use PT on party and not other sites, so I should probably start working up an excel spreadsheet for all, huh?

Thanks.