View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Difficult Post Flop Hand: ($33)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna just ask questions for a change. What's your thinking on this flop? What's the plan Sam?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna wait, but I'll answer now.

I hate this flop. My first thought is that this guy flopped 2 pair. But in my experience, AJ/AT will c/r here. I feel a little better, or less concerned about the FD because I have the Ad in my hand. I called, because I wanted to see what the turn brings. I guess I don't feel horrible folding losing only 290 on this hand if I think this hand goes worse.

Ok, so I have a small bet on the flop and a check on the turn, I now think I'm ahead of this guy. So I bet $200 because I figure he's on the FD now. OK, he c/r's me. No good. I now am worried about the straight. But again, I made a real weak turn bet, so it's difficult to decide. Thinking back on this hand, I should have bet 400 on the turn. Anyway, I called.

The river is a brick, and he pushes. I'm confident he does not have 2 pair, so he either has a straight, or I'm ahead. It's a tough call I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

this all begins with the flop call. If he has a weak A he thinks he's ahead on your turn bet perhaps which explain the river push. I think you're ahead here enough to call, but not raising the flop "to see what the turn brings" is a bit passive for my tastes...