View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: \"I Play the Board,\" I lose the pot, I miss a bet.

The result that ensued is the fairest one that could have happened - the best hand won the pot.

However, if the rules had been followed strickly, other outcomes could have prevailed.

Ultimately, the rule that all other rules can be overridden for the fairness and integrity of the game could have been invoked to set things straight, but there is no guarentee that would have happened.

The other player could have had his hand ruled dead for throwing his cards in face down and you could have won the entire pot. Or it could have been ruled he was playing the board and the pot should be split. Or it could have been ruled that you threw your cards in after you were asked to show them, so your hand is fouled and dead. In that case, if the board was the best hand, you would have suffered.

It just goes to show you that throwing your hand away almost always leads to bad things. In this case, your opponent's error in throwing his cards in almost hurt him so much as to make your muck beneficial. A doubly mucked up situation.