View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Few more hands from snowbank, shorthanded limit rookie

Hand 1: I'm pretty sure you played this right. Often in these situations people will c/r their two-pair.

Hand 2: Whether or not you bet this river depends on what sort of things the SB bets into the field with on the flop. If he only does top pair, theres a decent chance you are outkicked, so in this case, I would check behind. (also, if he is capable of c/r'ing the river you would be in for some bad times indeed here)

If he donks the river just call. The pot is big. You will win more than 1/9 times easily here.

Hand 3: This hand makes me sad. The pot is huge and worth fighting for (especially with the hand you have). I'd 3ball the flop here and try very hard to knock people out of the pot with raises if they insist on sticking around.
(note - dont go into check-call/fold mode automatically because a player caps. You give up way too much money this way)

Hand 4 - This hand is well played. The flop 3ball is for value and a free card. I would consider raising the river here since many player will try to pick up the pot on the river with a bet if the turn was checked through (and likely draws didnt come in)

Hand 5: This hand is good. Keep in mind though, if your opponent is able to raise their flush draw on the turn (with a paired board) as a semi-bluff, you should consider calling and then check-calling the river if it doesnt look like they hit anything. The idea behind the check-call on the river is that you wont get called by a worse hand, though you may induce a bluff from weaker hands like busted flush draws or even king high.

Dont try to move up as fast as you can. Just move up whenever you are comfortable and capable of doing so.