Thread: My typical day
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes feel guity spending all my time playing cards instead of doing some real work. But if I had a regular job I don't think I will have any time playing. Tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm still ranting on. She feels guilty that she's not doing real work and concerned that a real job would interfere with poker time. Hmmmm - poker or a real job. What about your CHILD? Don't you feel guity that you play poker instead of mother?? Does anyone else with kids have a problem with this??

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning to post something a bit softer, but yes, I agree 100% that if you are taking your kid to day care so you can come home and play poker 5 hours a day then there is an issue. If you "need" to play poker for income (doesn't sound like it, but we don't have all the pieces here) then play AFTER Jr. goes to bed.

My day:
up at 6:30am. Work 7:30 - 5:00pm.
5-9:30pm, hang out with my daughter and my wife.
9:30 - 1am : multitable 3/6

my wife's day
up around 7am
7:30am - 5pm : take care of our daughter * (wife works part time from home - has 2 meetings a week that she brings our daughter to then squeezes in an hour whenever our daughter naps, she also works a full day on Sunday).
5pm - 7pm : RELAX while I hang out with daughter.
7pm - 9:30pm : hang out with me (dinner/talk/tv/etc)

I clear just enough every month to cover the gap between what my wife used to make (before she was a mommy) and what she makes now.

If you're going to leave your kid at day care then get a real job and make enough to put $$$ away for her college tuition/car/other stuff.

FishNChips