View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Explain to me why my attitude is wrong.

This doesn't seem overtly political to me, and seems fine for here. OOT would be dumbed down even dumber if we couldn't ever discuss anything besides fake boobs or something.

I think one more dead violent crook is no loss to the world at all, but that doesn't mean it's up to random individuals to do it. That's why we have laws, so every man isn't a walking death squad. Shooting him might actually do the world a lot of good in the long run, but that's not for you to judge. Once your life is no longer threatened, you can't, in self defense, take someone else's.

On a practical basis, there are consequences to this kind of thing, too. For one, your gun will probably be confiscated by police for an indefinite period of time. This could coincide exactly with relatives of the dead guy coming back, armed, to get revenge. What then? Even with a gun, most of the time if someone wants to get the drop on you and shoot you, it's easy. Scumbags usually have scumbag family and friends, and "revenge" even when the scumbag is entirely in the wrong is hardly out of the moral vocabulary of these guys.