Thread: table talk
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: table talk

[ QUOTE ]
I find the friendly approach works best in all circumstances. It gets me more calls when I want them and more checks when I don't want to call a bet. And it really works great against the nasty tough guy who tries to get under my skin. No one can do that, I'm immune. I just smile back and say nice things. It drives them crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree, friendly is MUCH better.

Look at it this way. If someone gets pissed off at you because your being a gigantic weiner then they play more UNpredictable which is not good. If you are always friendly they play more predictable.

I am always friendly to players and they show me their hands when I fold to say "see buddy I wasnt bluffing and Im showing because I like you".

Also it calms the aggressive players dont. You can scream at a wall all you want but if he doesnt scream back whats the point. We had a dick at one final table once slamming his fist, screaming when he won, being super aggressive, daring people to call. He was rude to me on several occasions and I was always nice to him. Guess what, he didn't screw with me once. I raise he folds, I bluff he folds, I bet he folds. THis was heads up now and this guy was folding hands like A6, KJ, AJ to my bets. I was just be nice and sit still. He would also show me his cards. It was amazing. He was a jerk to everyone tossing his chips in but when I was in a pot he ran.

Be nice, dont give them a reason to call unless you want one. My philosphy is dont antagonize the fish to put your whole stack at risk unless you want to. Id rather win 12 small pots 100% of the time than try and win 4 smaller pots 75% of the time each. Bad players are looking for any excuse to call an all in with crap. If your nice players dont bluff as much feel bad when they win vs you, show hands, become predictable.

When you are a prick they become unpredictable, tey to push you out of hands, call out of spite. Even AQ vs KK is 30% to win my friend.

I love being nice live, I can bluff so much more.