View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Opinions on Green Plastic\'s Site?

I've been a member of the site for the past 3 months and it's helped my cash game tremendously. The focus is on 6 max games and most of the cash game videos are of that nature. Also, the limits in the videos concentrate mostly on mid-limits 1-2/2-4/3-6 with some 5-10. Nothing over that but most of the members don't play above those limits. The content is updated on a surprisingly regular regular basis, given that the staff are all full-time college students.

If you hadn't been playing a loose aggressive style prior to joining the site, I found it takes a little bit of time to develop some proficiency. It puts you in a lot of marginal situations.

However, the staff is extremely good at going through their thinking process in the videos to explain why they make the decisions they do. The MTT and SNG content has grown over the past 3 months but that's not my focus. Perhaps another CR member who's more of a MTT or SNG player could comment?

The staff is incredibly responsive to member requests and will make a video for just about any kind of NLHE game that you might ask for, although I do think Taylor is jealous of sharing his strategy above 5-10 (and rightly so). Plus there are some very good players in the 2-4 through 5-10 limits, as well as $100 plus buy-in MTTs who are members and contribute a lot of good content to the forum.

Hope that helps.