View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Opinions on Green Plastic\'s Site?

Alright - I just signed up for this site (Cardrunners.com) and i'll give a quick review.

There are 48 videos right now (they add more, probably only a few a week.) The only reason I signed up was for the videos. They are pretty good, but for NL cash, there just isn't many of them. I think for most of you experienced guys, they won't offer that much, either. GP's section has some good videos of him playing 5/10 6-max/3/6 6-max, and I really think they gave me some good insight into how a LAG uses position and he punishes people who show weakness. But I am not a NL cash game expert and for you guys who are already beating 5/10 or above and have plenty of hands online I doubt it will offer much to you.

He talks over the video as he plays. This is the best part, it's great to see him struggle over tough decisions and think his way through what he's thinking.

Most of the videos are actually of SNG's/MTT play/heads up SNG's. I think they are good videos if any of you are interested in learning more about that stuff. I feel it's on an intermediate/advanced level of teaching. It's for people who know how to play but maybe are looking for ways to ramp up their aggression.

It's $40 for a "sign-up fee", and $20 per month. The sign up fee is probably so people don't just sign up for $20 and watch all the videos. Honestly I think they should add more videos but the 4 "pros" on the site are all in school I think and probably don't have as much time.

The highest limit shown is 5/10 NL. I'm not sure if GP would want to show how he plays 25/50 NL and above.

Consensus: I like it, but I am only an intermediate 2/4 3/6 NL player. In the long run of things it's not that much money for what I feel it has helped me, giving me some more ideas on how to play.