View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Turn Results & a Strange River Situation

[/ QUOTE ] When I looked up, his right arm was extended and his cards apparently face-up in hand or just turned back over. The dealer had his hand extended to block my view of his cards. So, I didn't see anything.

My opponent chekced again for me to see.

The river is: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is virtually no doubt now that your opponent does not have a K, given his two river checks and immediate desire to show it down. And he clearly has no monster hand. That doesn't mean that he does not have you beat, however.

You do not make it clear if villain was aware that you didn't see his hand. If villain thought you saw his hand as the rest of the table did, this is a pretty easy push. He will assume you saw his hand and you are trying to get more out of his worse hand. A push here forces him to fold an 8 or a higher PP.

If villain is aware you did not see his hand, um, push anyway? You have the luxury of knowing he has no monster, and is he going to risk getting nearly stacked with a marginal hand? Only if he senses that you're trying to buy it, but I still like the push.